Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Future Of HIP-HOP and MUSIC

Many of you kno my musical side from my production with other artist, my own album Educated Retro, and my DJing skills. I have been doing this thing since i was 9 years old.

In a day and time when hip hop music and juss music in general is not as good as it used to be i find inspiration from up and comming cats. My Boy Hasan Insane has been in the game for a long time now. I First met him when me and my partner Steph did a mixtape for producers where they would remix tracks that were being played on the radio. The mixtape was a big hit and in the months after there were alot of copy cats. After the mixtape was finished we kept in touch with alot of the producers.
Hasan has created classic kult like creations that have been passed thru out the streets of nyc. Before i even met Hasan i heard about his mixtape called the Pink Album that he created with DJ J Mills. And his newest creation Perfect Strangers, which team up Nas and Jay-Z on Original bangers is making big waves in nyc now.









Reo has been another person i have got alot of Inspiration from. We met him thru the same mixtape that we met Hasan from. Steph kept working with him and networking with different producers and A&R's trying to get a deal or spot. I wud call steph and bother him to hear sum new Reo stuff cuz i needed inspiration. Last night i went too a beat battle and my boy Reo clearly won to me but he came in second place. The prize was a music program and interviews with different magazines. I Asked Reo before they announced the winners if he thought he won..and he told me as long as he got the crowd moving and the judges feeling his shit he's happy. Buckwild asked the Dj to bring back sum of his tracks cuz they were banging so hard...it was a crazy experience.

Hasan Insane, MeLo-X, REO

For about two years now i have seen the progression of these two producers and ive progressed my self so i think in the nexx 2 years we will be the talk of the town and the future of HipHop !!!!

Hasan Insane: myspace.com/hasaninsane
MeLo-X:myspace.com/meloxtra
REO:myspace.com/reo

No comments: