Monday, July 10, 2006

!!!SWEET CHEEBA!!!

In a Day and age where Fashion And Style says much more about a person than anything else, its hard to find a brand that expresses your inner being. Nowadays it is all about individuality. Everyone wants to look different and project them selves in different ways. And there's no better way to do this than finding a up and coming designer buying all there stuff and supporting them. This feeling of support and individualism drives the new NYC culture of today.

In my never ending search to find cool people with cool ideas and dope clothes I ran into a person with a fresh style and a Ill clothing line. Sweet Cheeba is dope in its rawest form. Sweet Cheeba is pop culture Screaming fuck the system, with bust ur shit color schemes. Equipped with funky colors and awkward picture angles, there's no doubt in my mind that the masses will and already are biting on to this clothing line.
I met up with the man behind the funk, Mr. Sweet Cheeba him self and I got to know more about the man the myth and the legend that is SWEET CHEEBA!!!!!!!!!!!


MeLo--Why did u get into fashion
SC-------I was tired of lame ass clothes and searching through countless vintage racks 2 find fresh pieces. Which I still do. You busted me.

MeLo---Favorite designer
SC-------J. Lindenberg/ Oscar De La Renta and the sooooooo obvious me. Oh wait, that should have been first.

MeLo---
When did u get serious about your clothing line
SC-------I got serious about a year and a half ago. When I got that 1st check from a store. Word!

MeLo---
What is ya most favorite shirt out of all the joints you put out
SC-------My favorite isn't out yet, You gotta keep a little element of surprise 2 this shit. Like an unveiling. But u know the skinny Melo.

MeLo---Righty or Lefty
SC-------Are we talking writing hand or girlfriend hand? That's a bit vague.

MeLo---Nationality
SC-------Well technically I'm a high breed mutt.

MeLo---Chinese food or Jamaican food
SC-------Chinese all day dude. How can you front on an egg roll?

MeLo---Earth or the Moon.
SC-------Actually, I prefer Mars over all but the moon is cool, if you like that sort of thing. But earth is cool 2 the girls are easy.

MeLo---Second round knock out or 12 round brawl
SC-------Is this about Sweet Cheeba or how I bitch smack sucka ass mofos unlawfully roaming in sucka free zones?

MeLo---Super nintendo or Sega Genesis
SC-------Gonna have 2 go with Genesis on this one. Altered Beast, that was my shit yo.

MeLo---Where do u get inspiration from
SC-------I get inspiration from everything around me. New York is this one place where u can just consume so much in @ any time or any place. Im inspired from the dude with the suitcase full of watches, the icey lady. Have u seen that color mix on the rainbow icey? Crazy! Damn yo, now watch a mofo comes out with that shit because Sweet Cheeba said it in his 5lat Top interview. Beware of mosquito's they bite u even when you're lookin'

MeLo---Favorite HipHop act
SC-------Eric B. & Rakim's rendition of Hamlet.

MeLo---Wat stores service your product
SC-------My joints have been in The Atrium and Pieces of Brooklyn and Harlem. Soon 2 be more spots. I'll keep you up on that holmez and holmettez. And of course SweetCheeba.com, oh did i say SweetCheeba.com. If u wanna hit me come by my myspace crib: myspace.com/sweetestcheeba



1 comment:

THE GOV`NA said...

DOPE!